Things to think about and have ready for your MODE VITAL workshop.
Please include as many items as you can for your workshop.
– Camera and Lenses
– Memory Card/s. You should bring at least a 32GB memory card
– Camera Manual
– Full Battery (plus at least 1 spare)
– Lens Cloth / Microfiber Cloth
– Camera Bag / Rucksack / Shoulder Bag/ (To help carry all your gear around comfortably)
(We can lend you all the above if necessary at a small cost – 7 days notice is required, contact us at email@example.com). You can bring your own memory card or you can use ours and then we would forward your images on to you.
Optional items (not necessary but may prove beneficial)
– Remote Shutter Release (Usually a cable but smart phones can sometimes pair with certain cameras)
– Filters: e.g. Polarising / Neutral Density / Graduated Neutral Density
– Monopod – (not required if you bring your tripod)
Any other accessories
(If you would like some advice on any equipment, clothing or accessories please do not hesitate to just ask and we will help as much as possible. We can assist with some of these if required and we do carry spare kit and extra tripods etc. We can also arrange a rental service whereas all the gear will be ready for you to use on the day, all you will need is a memory card to take your amazing images home with you.
– Packed Lunch – we can provide a cool bag lunch and drinks for the day (extra cost)
Other Clothing / Equipment
Clothing / Footwear / Protection
– Suitable clothing for the weather depending on location and time of year but the following should help you prepare for the day.
– Waterproof Jacket and Trousers. These should be Goretex or equivalent material.
– Windproof jacket for dry but windy conditions
– Fleece Top & Jacket
– Walking Boots / Socks and at least one other pair of footwear. Wellies are useful for some workshops. You are going to be on your feet for most of the day.
– A change of footwear other than your walking boots.
– Head Protection: One or both of fleece or waterproof hat which protects ears.
– Gloves. Waterproof and / or ‘Windblock’ Fleece pair. Fingerless gloves are also useful for
– Golf umbrella made from carbon fibre. Wind resistant / storm proof ones are best for the landscape photographer. This is particularly handy for shooting in a changeable climate.
– Mobile Phone. We will need your mobile phone number in advance
– Flask for hot drinks
– Walking stick to help on unsteady ground if you wish
– Spare carrier bags for any rubbish, muddy boots, or wet clothes
– Battery pack. Not necessary but useful for charging your phone ‘on the go’ when on location especially if you are using it for maps etc which can drain the battery
– Maps of the area. Ordnance Survey maps will be carried by the instructors.
The night before:
– Charge them batteries (yours and the cameras). Get an early night.
– Maybe pack an extra memory card. Sometime memory cards can fail.
– Pack a snack / protein bar / chocolate bar & drink. You may need a snack / drink before we stop for lunch.
– Print off your receipt, workshop notes and map to the meeting point. These will be emailed to you upon booking the course.
Not included in the course:
– Insurance for your equipment
– Food and drinks unless pre-arranged at an additional cost
– We will be stopping for Lunch on some of the workshops. Sometimes these will be on location and other times they will be at a nearby cafe or pub.
– Driving between and to workshop locations unless otherwise arranged before the course.