Compositions are Everywhere – Photography Course
Location: St Ives – West Yorkshire
£110.00 – Day Workshop – (9am until 3pm break for lunch at midday)
Exertion Level: Easy – Moderate (uneven sometimes wet/muddy terrain)
Wednesday 1st May 2019
Unlock the potential of your SLR, DSLR or Bridge camera in St Ives country park, West Yorkshire. Whether you a total beginner and only ever shoot in auto mode or you already have some experience, we will help you get the most out of your camera. During the day you will walk around this beautiful area and have the guidance of two experienced photography instructors with a maximum of only 10 students in total.
Taking in this wonderful location and looking at the world from a different perspective through the lens of your camera. Beauty is everywhere. From the mighty monuments of life to the small and seemingly mundane. This course will teach you how to spot an interesting shot, how to use leading lines and the use of available light and making use of good depth of field.
This course is based around a beautiful woodland area that has lots to offer to help expand on your camera skills. St Ives offers the photographer not only a wonderful woodlands bursting with colour but also plenty of wildlife, a wild bird hide and a large fishing pond.
Would you like to get a good sense of what your camera can do and how you can get the best out of the kit that you have. Improve your skill set and learn how to spot good compositions. Fill your lungs with the fabulous country air and get the shots that stir you soul.
There will be some incline walking involved during the course but we wont wonder much from the beaten track and man made footpaths. Photographic interests on this course are in abundance and you will come away with not only the knowledge but such a variety of shots to take home with you and be proud of your new skill set.
We aim to have you working in ‘manual mode’ for most of the course. The course is ideal for total beginners.
Schedule of course
- Morning photographic walk
- Lunch in the on-site cafe ‘The Ivy Kitchen’
- Afternoon photographic walk
- Please note: There are car parks at this location.
EQUIPMENT / CLOTHING
– Camera and Lenses
– Memory Card/s. You should bring at least a 32GB card
– Camera manual
– Full battery plus at least 1 spare
Optional items (not necessary but may prove beneficial)
– Remote shutter release (usually a cable but smart phones can sometimes pair with certain cameras)
– Filters: e.g. Polarising / Neutral Density / Graduated Neutral Density
– Monopod – not required if you bring your tripod
Any other accessories
(If you would like some advice on any equipment, clothing or accessories please do not hesitate to just ask and we will help as much as possible. We can assist with some of these if required and we do carry spare kit and extra tripods etc. We can also arrange a rental service whereas all the gear will be ready for you to use on the day, all you will need is a memory card to take your amazing images home with you.
– Packed lunch – we can provide a cool bag lunch and drinks for the day (extra cost)
Other Clothing / Equipment
Clothing / Footwear / Protection
– Waterproof Jacket and Trousers. These should be Goretex or equivalent material.
– Windproof jacket for dry but windy conditions
– Fleece top & Jacket
– Walking Boots / socks and at least one other pair of footwear. Wellies are useful for this course.
– A change of footwear other than your walking boots.
– Head protection: One or both of fleece or waterproof hat which protects ears
– Gloves. Waterproof and / or ‘Windblock’ Fleece pair. Fingerless gloves are also useful for
– Golf umbrella made from carbon fibre. Wind resistant / storm proof ones are best for the landscape photographer. This is particularly handy for shooting in a changeable climate.
– Mobile Phone. We will need your mobile phone number in advance
– Flask for hot drinks
– Walking stick to help on unsteady ground if you wish
Not included in the course:
– Insurance for your equipment
– Food and drinks unless pre-arranged at an additional cost
– We will be stopping for Lunch at a The Ivy Kitchen cafe. Outside seating for pack lunch’s is also on site.
Cancellation or bad weather:
– If we need to cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances or bad weather then another date will be offered in replacement for the original date. Alternatively a full refund will be offered.