Location: The Beautiful Northumberland Coastline – Low Newton – Embleton – Dunstanburgh and Craster
£140.00 – Day Workshop – (7am until late afternoon)
Exertion Level: Moderate (uneven sometimes wet/muddy terrain)
Available dates: Tuesday 19th November 2019
This course is for the photographer who wants to experience the intense anticipation of capturing something stunning. Located at one of the most beautiful coastlines that Great Britain has to offer, this photography experience is tailored to give you the opportunity to capture some stunning compositions and explore manual mode to a greater extent in and around this breathtaking coastline.
Starting off at Low Newton-by-the-Sea at the famous Jigsaw Rocks at sunrise and then moving on up to Embleton Beach, on to Dunstanburgh Castle and the surrounding area and eventually ending up at the lovely fishing town of Craster. This coastline offers up photographic opportunities by the bucket load and will definitely help you to expand on your kit and composition skills while at the same time teach you how to spot and make good compositions.
During the day you will walk along the beautiful beaches in this stunning location from Newton-by-the-Sea all the way to the lovely little fishing town of Craster, taking advantage of the beautiful dunes and the stunning features of Dunstanburgh Castle, the ruins of a 14th Century fortification.
With a maximum of only 5 places, this course is a wonderful way of getting some great tuition, meeting new people with your shared interests and experiencing a truly stunning part of the English North East coastline.
This is a fantastic location in terms of options for multiple compositions. As with all of our courses we will teach you how to spot an interesting shot and how to look for leading lines in your composition and also how to use the available light and discussing good depth of field. The instructors do have some filters which you are welcome to use and share amongst. We will show you how to use the filters systems such as Lee filters ND filters and polarisers.
This course is based around the beautiful Northumberland coastline and offers a stunning photography walk and has lots to offer in terms of expanding on your camera skills. The Northumberland coastline is breathtaking and the surrounding scenery is just beautiful. Fill your lungs with the fabulous sea air and experience the delights of coastal photography.
There will be some incline walking involved during the course but we won’t wander much from the beaten track. Photographic interests on this course are in abundance and you will come away with not only the knowledge but such a variety of shots to take home with you and be proud of your new skill set.
We aim to have you working in ‘manual mode’ for most of the course. The Northumberland Coastline photography course is ideal for photography enthusiasts who want to take their photography to the next level.
When we reach Craster there are numerous pubs and cafes that we can rest up in, take on some refreshment and discuss the shots that we have taken over the course of the day.
Schedule of course
- Morning Coastal Sunrise Shot
- Beach Walk and Coastal Compositions
- 14th Century Castle Ruins
- Please note: There is ample car parking at this location.
EQUIPMENT / CLOTHING
– Camera and Lenses
– Memory Card/s. You should bring at least a 32GB card
– Camera manual
– Full battery plus at least 1 spare
Optional items (not necessary but may prove beneficial)
– Remote shutter release (usually a cable but smart phones can sometimes pair with certain cameras)
– Filters: e.g. Polarising / Neutral Density / Graduated Neutral Density
– Monopod – not required if you bring your tripod
Any other accessories
(If you would like some advice on any equipment, clothing or accessories please do not hesitate to just ask and we will help as much as possible. We can assist with some of these if required and we do carry spare kit and extra tripods etc. We can also arrange a rental service whereas all the gear will be ready for you to use on the day, all you will need is a memory card to take your amazing images home with you.
– Packed lunch – we can provide a cool bag lunch and drinks for the day (extra cost)
Other Clothing / Equipment
Clothing / Footwear / Protection
– Waterproof Jacket and Trousers. These should be Goretex or equivalent material.
– Windproof jacket for dry but windy conditions
– Fleece top & Jacket
– Walking Boots / socks and at least one other pair of footwear. Wellies are very useful for this course.
– A change of footwear other than your walking boots.
– Head protection: One or both of fleece or waterproof hat which protects ears
– Gloves. Waterproof and / or ‘Windblock’ Fleece pair. Fingerless gloves are also useful for
– Golf umbrella made from carbon fibre. Wind resistant / storm proof ones are best for the landscape photographer. This is particularly handy for shooting in a changeable climate.
– Mobile Phone. We will need your mobile phone number in advance
– Flask for hot drinks
– Walking stick to help on unsteady ground if you wish
Not included in the course:
– Insurance for your equipment
– Food and drinks unless pre-arranged at an additional cost
– We will be stopping for refreshments at the Pavilion cafe. Outside seating for pack lunch’s is also on site.
Cancellation or bad weather:
– If we need to cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances or bad weather then another date will be offered in replacement for the original date. Alternatively a full refund will be offered.